ISP/VPN Provider(notify all staff of future ISP/VPN changes): Comcast Cable

Attending Educational Institute? Yes
    Hours on Garry's Mod in total:
    2,793 Hours

Previous experience with your position:
    • Respected Member @ Club Random
      • Reason for Leave: The Server was Shutdown

(optional) Extra Experience:
    Passed writing and history classes, wrote poems and stories, has a whiteboard to track ideas, can paint out the picture for the visual, metaphorical, plot-wise, or big picture parts.

Why do you want to become a staff member?
    To help myself become a good hardworking person and help the community

How would you improve the overall gameplay atmosphere?
    I will help bring the lore to life and help people feel the nostalgia, the fear, the wonder, the adventure, and the heart put into everything around the player.

Can you list all of the current managers of Synergyst Network?
    Always_Knifing, Atlas, Octo, Potatofactory, Pawkow, Tuffie, Random_Player

2. Poco

Poco Community Marshall

Please clarify the reason you have one VAC strike on your account.
    Otherwise you have my vote to become a writer among our staff!

3. Talon Four

Talon Four Guest

a few months ago i was using a cheap dell pc given to me by my uncle jesper (best friend of father kind of uncle, not the related kind) who had promised a high end gaming computer for me. but this one was buggy and i couldnt afford to get a new one. so anyways we had brought a copy of the desktop im using now and put it on that computer, having all of our old profile, data, and programs. the copy even had stuff like cheat engine and stuff from back in the day when i.....wasnt the honest nice guy i am now.....anyways with all the bugs plus a huge load of programs stuff like internet explorer kept opening multiple tabs, minecraft would start up then shutdown, etc., but thankfully i got steam, tf2, gmod, and unturned working on it. as i was playing tf2, the cheat engine, audio mixer and about 20 tabs of IE came up. VAC tracked it, and put a cold cut VAC strike on me, banning me from the majority of tf2. thankfully after a couple of months it shut down but we were able to get a laptop which i used till i moved back to this pc, ensuring something like that wouldnt happen again.

Bad Spelling
    • Bad Spelling x 2
  4. Your story on how you got VAC banned seems a little arbitrary in a manner which invokes suspicion of falsifying previous events leading up to the VAC ban.
    Your story does not explain how one gets VAC banned without even touching the game process or, triggers which would normally be the primary steps to invoking a VAC ban.

A VAC ban has been proven to mainly show, mind you if one of the following is a discrepancy:
    • server.dll has a false checksum.
    • server.dll is reporting incorrect pointers.
    • client.dll has a false checksum.
    • client.dll is reporting incorrect pointers.
    • The game client is reporting false pointers.
      • Modified by the use of an injector.
    Please explain more in detail how you were VAC banned and what programs you were executing during the runtime of the program ("Team Fortress 2").

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2017
  5. Talon Four

Talon Four Guest

As i mention, the cheat engine popped up among with a few internet explorer browsers. im not sure if the tf2 program just sensed it or if there were settings for the cheat engine that connected to tf2 to change it at all. the only other thing besides would have been reported by someone for cheating but i take tf2 seriously so any accusations would have been true. i tried to get details but there was none to give, but a friend said it may have been glitched so wait a few days and its should be lifted, but it didnt, meaning it either was the old cheat engine poup up or being falsely reported. so i gave up trying to fix it and just made another steam account so id be able to play, though id have to restart.

i apologize if it brings skepticism and delays the decision. i will go back to looking into it if needed.

6. Unfortunately after further review and internal investigation, I have decided to deny your application for the position of "Writer". The investigation in question we conducted, consisted of an audit of your previous administrative opportunities on other communities and the reports which were given to our leading staff unfortunately were not in your best favor; we cannot accept this behaviour to represent our leading staff team.

Our goal as a community is to deliver a quality entertaining experience for players of all areas. Anything which does not fit within this qualifying areas cannot represent Synergyst or its associates. I'm sorry but because my decision was made under great reason and deep analysis of your recent activities, all future attempts to join our lead staff team will be met with my decision to decline said application.

Thank you for applying to be a writer in Shard City, I wish for the rest of my fellow managers to make rational decisions and I hope for the best. I hereby decline your application.

7. Spaghetto

Spaghetto Guest

I'm also going to vote no on the application for these reasons, and for that I do not see much in the qualifications and seem to have mistakes in your list of people who run the Synergyst network. I hope you have a good rest of your day.

8. Anomaly

Anomaly Guest

Application Closed: Reached 'Denied' State in allotted time frame. (Deny: 2 Managers; Approve: 1 Manager)

Informative
    • Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.